Senior Sales Manager Van der Valk Business Belgium
The Van der Valk Business represents 70+ Van der Valk Hotels & Restaurants in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Bonaire and Curacao. We offer one central point of contact for companies/agents that book multiple hotels. In addition to providing a Business Desk for room- and meetingbookings, central business contracts are closed by the Van der Valk Business Sales/Accountmanagers for companies that book multiple meetings/conferences or rooms per year.
The Van der Valk Business Sales Manager Belgium reports to the Commercial Director.
To sell the Van der Valk Business hotels to its fullest potential, with a primary focus on Belgium accounts and the Belgium hotels. Increasing the portfolio of accounts through acquisition of new business and expansion / increase market share and revenue of current accounts.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing plans to take actions on communication, sales and market approach;
- Tracking of account portfolio in CRM;
- Reaching targets on new business as set by Sales Director;
- Tracking of market developments and adjusting plans accordingly;
- Advise Sales Director to make optimum use of market developments;
- Make suggestions regarding possible accounts, packages, pricing structure, etc .;
- Working out account plans in terms of sales forecasts, etc .;
- Explanation and motivation of plans to the Sales Director;
- Active search and approach of accounts and highlighting / presenting opportunities and concepts to increase sales and brand awareness;
- Proactively approach the target groups and select the potential relationships;
- Presenting information about facilities, possibilities, solutions and rates;
- Arrange visits in hotels and visit suspects and prospects;
- Compilation of quotes and draft contracts;
- Maintaining contacts with existing accounts, including periodical visits, evaluations and negotiations;
- Organizing ‘brickwalling’ activities in the hotels for accounts;
- Comprehensive development of ideas for business packages and actions;
- Attentive to the search for and utilization of commercial opportunities;
- Planning and coordinating daily sales activities;
- Structure and compliance with the administrative organization within the department;
- Organize and attend client events, trade shows etc .;
- Thinking and working on the business plan and budget of the Valk Business department;
- Carries out the Valk Business Sales DNA as an ambassador to the team.
- Proactively approach potential customers (sales blitzes / telemarketing) and maintain contacts with existing relationships;
- Responsible for further expansion of the accounts;
- Achieving targets on existing and new business.
- Organizing site inspections in hotels and visiting accounts;
- Inhouse and after sales contact with accounts;
- Close collaboration with Sales Coordinator and Valk Business Service Desk;
- begins from him/herself, does not wait;
- has confidence in his/her own ability and quality;
- looks a step ahead to his/her own work and takes action if necessary
- sees when business (even outside his/her own work) stays behind and picks up if he/she can.
- makes easy contacts;
- makes effective use of contacts to handle business;
- knows to create entrances for themselves;
- works actively to maintain relationships.
- does not focus on problems, but on solutions;
- is pragmatic, opts for practical and quick solutions;
- does not last long in analyzing the problem
- plays with ways / arguments to win;
- expresses enthusiasm and conviction for his/her own ideas;
- is self-conscious and certain in his/her performance.
- is ambitious, always tries to surpass him/herself;
- Determines the limits of his/her own ability;
- gets the best out of him/herself;
- is only satisfied if the goal/result is achieved.
- presents his/herself to guests in line with the company's image;
- Always strives to act in good ways.
- An enthusiastic and commercial personality;
- Experience with sales in the hospitality industry / hospitality industry;
- Knowledge and 5+ years experience in corporate sales;
- Preferrably own network;
- Proactive personality who likes to take initiative;
- Knowledge of the hotel business and sales;
- Fluent in French and English speech and writing;
- Oral expression proficiency in at least one foreign language (Dutch and/or German);
- Responsible and stress-resistant;
- A dynamic and professional working environment;
- An enthusiastic young team with motivated colleagues;
- A market-based salary and benefits;
- Employed in and from Belgium;
- A fulltime contract (38 hours per week)
Respond to this vacancy
Acquisition related to this job / advertisement is not appreciated.